Start Testing – When?
Testing Starts right from the requirements gathering phase and continues till the release time.
Objective of early testing
Requirements related defects caught later in the SDLC, Result in higher cost to fix the defect.
Stop Testing – When?
Following factors are considered to stop testing: –
- Test cases executed with the acceptable percentage of defects.
- Project deadlines Ex: – Release Deadline, Testing Deadline.
- Test budget has been run out.
- Coverage of code, Functionality or Requirements reaches to specific point.
- Bug rate falls below the acceptable level.
Reason to stop testing?