What is testing?
In general term testing is finding out how well something works. In terms of human beings, testing tells what level of knowledge or skill has been acquired. In Hardware and software, testing is used at key checkpoints in the overall process to determine whether requirements are being met.
What is Software Testing?
- It is stated as the process of validating and verifying that a software/Program/Application or Product:
- Works as expected according to the business and technical requirements.
- Works Consistently and Predictably.
- It is not sufficient to demonstrate that the software is doing what it is supposed to do. It is more important to demonstrate that the software is not doing what it is not supposed to do.
- It is process of finding defects i.e. variance between Expected result and Actual results. And process of executing a software program application with intent of finding errors.
Why is Testing necessary?
User don’t like bugs, so testing
Software testing is necessary to make sure the product or application is defect free, as per customer specifications. Software testing identifies faults whose removal increases the software quality and increases the software reliability.
Testing effort is directly proportional to the complexity of the program. More complex the program, more the testing effort is required.
Software Testing is necessary, because software should be: –
– Error Free
Software Testing is important as it may cause mission failure, Impact on operational performance and unreliable if not done properly.
When Testing Start?
Testing start right from the requirement phase and continue till the release time. The main objective of early starting, if requirement related defects caught later in the SDLC result in higher cost to fix the defect.
How we can do Testing?
There is two way for testing.
- Manual Testing: – In Manual Testing, Testers manually execute test cases and find defect without the uses of any tools or Automation scripts.
2. Automation Testing: – It is a process of instructing a tool to perform an operation on an application under test. Test automation is the use of software to control the execution of tests & the comparison of expected v/s actual result.